Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter weekend BBQ & Brunch AND Ten Thousand Waves

Easter weekend was a BLUR. Friday night we had a BBQ for some friends, Saturday night we had a more formal dinner for my ex-boss, her husband and some co-workers, then Sunday we had my mom and sister over for Easter brunch. Whew! Talk about a whirlwind. Luckily, I had the week off, so I cleaned pretty much every day leading up to the dinner parties. Josh & I spent the evenings going over menues and beer pairings and various other details. Here are some pics.

Friday:
Josh preparing the burgers - they were stuffed with bleu cheese. YUM!

Keith's phone is blocking Janae's face. Boo. But, it's Keith, Janae, me... and the hummus and veggie tray Janae brought.









Saturday
Me and my mom in the kitchen. I am poaching some eggs and my mom is making her famous fruit salad in the KITCHENAID MIXER. Hehehe







All in all, the three events went well. Our friends ate, drank, and left happy. None of them were drunk - well, except Keith, but that's a given! My coworkers had good conversation, the food was AWESOME (especially the salad), and we compliments all around. Easter was nice. Josh & I made brunch, my mom made dessert and brought flowers, and we just had a quiet morning in. Hope they all go this smoothly!

Ten Thousand Waves:
I planned the Girls Night Out for April and I'm so glad I did. After all the hubbub of the previous weekend and the other crap that's been going on lately, I sooooo needed a massage. And I got the best at Ten Thousand WAves. Keith, Erica and I made the trek up there this past Saturday and treated ourselves. Despite a few setbacks (like passing the exit and turning around in the dirt median on the highway - EEK!), we arrived there just in time. We did the private hot tub first. You know us... we had the wine going on and chilled out for an hour just talking and relaxing. Then we got the treatments - herbal wrap, massage, and salt glow (I think Keith got a yasuragi instead of the wrap). OMG... I can't imagine anything better than that. It's definitely recommended. Here's a pic.

1 comment:

  1. You guys look so happy. I hope you continue to have fun with all your friends and do fun things like this.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete