Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chocolate chip cookies and my new toy


All you foodies out there (and probably even the non-foodies) have experienced the allure of the Kitchen Aid mixer. I, myself, have coveted this device since I first learned the hassles of mixing cookie dough and the like with... *gasp*... a hand mixer. You know what I mean... you're excited about making cookies, the sugary unmixed ingredients smell delicious, and the oven is warm.

But then you get to the mixing part and your arm spasms just thinking of the effort it will take and the mess that will be created when you flip the switch on your hand mixer. You can't help but remember that you're going to struggle to maintain control of the mixer while the whisks struggle to rotate in the thick, floury mass.

Granted, I don't bake very often (though, I love to cook), but the thought of it doesn't make me cringe inside anymore. Now, I'm super excited to bake and use my new mixer. In fact, Josh & I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies just last night. And... I have to tell you. It was an amazing experience! The Kitchen Aid handled the thick, gooey cookie dough like it was water. I didn't have to stop and peel dough off the whisk, the flour didn't go everywhere, and I could even leave the mixer to do its work while I prepared the other ingredients. In one word, it is AWESOME. I recommend a Kitchen Aid mixer to anyone and everyone who bakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment